As women, we have a lot of responsibilities in our lives. Whether we are mothers, wives, artists, or working women, it can often feel like there's never enough time to take care of ourselves and our mental health. But, it doesn’t take a lot of time to start looking after ourselves. In fact, using our creativity is a great way to relieve anxiety and be more mindful in everyday life.
Creativity is a natural antidote to anxiety. It allows our minds to focus and relax and lets us express and process our emotions in a healthy way. As a digital art coach and artist myself, I have seen firsthand how using creativity can help improve our mental health.
Here are some dope ways how to use your creativity as anxiety relief:
- Art journaling – One of my favorites. This is a great way to express your feelings and clear your mind. Grab a notebook and some art supplies such as paints, markers, or colored pencils, and start creating. There are no rules. Just let your feelings guide your hand.
- Mindful coloring – Coloring has become a popular way of relaxing in recent years. It's cheap, easy, and can be done anywhere. Print out some coloring pages, and start coloring. Focus on the process, not the end result.
- Music therapy – Music is a powerful tool against anxiety. Research has shown that listening to music can reduce stress and promote relaxation. Create a playlist of your favorite calming songs, and listen to them whenever you feel anxious.
- Nature-inspired art – Nature has a calming effect on our minds. Take a walk outdoors, take some photos of the scenery, and use those images as inspiration for your art. Painting the sunset, drawing a flower, or simply taking a picture can help you be more present.
- Finger knitting – This is a great activity to keep your hands busy and your mind calm. All you need is some yarn and your hands. The repetitive motion of finger knitting is soothing and meditative. When you're done finger knitting, you can use the results as decoration for your home.
By using our creativity, we can help improve our mental health, become more mindful, and find some relief from anxiety. Next time you find yourself feeling anxious, try one of these activities and see how you feel.
Until Next Time!
Purposely Kreative Design Studio has a variety of journals for you to write your thoughts and feelings down. Please click HERE to see our journals.
I would love to hear your thoughts about the blog article and how you incorporate creativity into your life - for your overall mental health and well-being. email@example.com